I can’t wait to crack open these two titles by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson.
Super trivial but I like to view these sort of blog posts from time to time. So here’s what’s in my bag today.
- Bag: Ogio Sly “15
- Laptop: Galago Pro by System76 (galp3)
- Jetpack.com accessory bag with a 3mm jack in-ear headphones, a thumb drive and a screen cleaning cloth
- Power adapter for the Galago Pro
- The Official Bullet Journal notebook
- Field Notes: Pitch Black Edition pocket notebook
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- A fork – don’t pretend you don’t need one when you least expect it
- Staedtler Blue Series 0.5mm mechanical pencil
- Bullet Space Pen by Fisher
That’s it, no adapters, the laptop has everything I’d need built in.
What’s not to like about an 80s rock ballad?
My new System76 Galago Pro arrived last Friday and I promised to use it for at least a month before typing up a review. So for now here’s a few photos and a list of what I’ve been up to with this new computer.
- Used Libre Office Writer and Calc at the office
- Used Vim and gEdit for extensive coding
- Installed WordPress
- Added Rhythmbox for locally stored music playback
- Copy edited a magazine in Evince
- Tested WordPress 5.0 Release Candidate 3 and filed a bug report
- Spoke at a meetup and presented on WordPress’s new release
- Wrote this quick post 🙂
I just configued my Ubuntu installation for i3 window manager and figured why not draft and publish a post in WP-CLI while I’m playing around in the terminals. 🙂