Happily running Pepprmint 8 since I upgraded earlier this year.
I use various Linux distributions while working on personal web design projects. Below is a list of my favorite software packages.
Desktop and Terminal
- sshfs – (creates a mounted file of an ssh connection)
- tar & gzip2 – (Manual backups via the terminal of my databasae and files.)
Audio and Video production
- kdenlive – video production for cuts and transtitions etc.
- audacity – audio editing, usually to clean up noise
This varies a little from distribution to distribution, I frequently favor what’s preinstalled with that system.
- gedit – (never fails me when I need a good text editor, Gedit isn’t pretty but it’s reliable)
- Scratch – Elementary OS
- Mousepad – XFCE Desktop’s
- nano – Terminal
Besides a pocket notebook to contain frequently used commands I use the either of the following
- Tomboy Notes
- Notes for XFCE
Just a little show and tell from my stable Debian desktop. “Stretch” is installed on my 1TB HD and is the defacto long term storage archive for my system.
The SSD is running Peppermint 8 and my ancient 5400RPM “distro hopping” drive is home to Ubuntu Mate 16.04.2 at the moment.